Pawsitive Pet Care has been proudly serving the Cedar Valley for over 70 years!
Our hospital, originally called "Veterinary Hospital," was founded by Dr. Moeller in the 1940s. Located on Sycamore Street in Waterloo, he took care of animals both big and small. In the early 1950s, Drs. Winegarden and Guldner joined the practice and Dr. Moeller retired. The growing practice moved from Sycamore Street to 11th Street in 1960.
By 1975, the hospital added Dr. Reilly to meet the increasing need for veterinary care. The Iowa DOT began building Highway 218 in the 1980s, and purchased the property that "Veterinary Hospital" was located on. In 1987, Drs. Winegarden, Guldner, and Reilly bought a new facility at 400 Jefferson Street downtown.
Dr. Bradley Kneeland joined the practice, which was renamed "Veterinary Associates," in 1993. Pawsitive Pet Care was added as a second location at 3257 West 4th Street, near where the Ansborough Avenue Hyvee is now located. Drs. Winegarden and Guldner retired in the late 1990s.
The Iowa DOT was at it again in 1999, when they purchased the Jefferson Street location to build the Expo Plaza. Drs. Reilly and Kneeland moved to the West 4th Street location, and began caring just for dogs, cats, and small exotics.
In May 2008, Pawsitive Pet Care moved to our current location at 1799 Ansborough Avenue. Dr. Reilly retired in 2009. We've continued to learn and grow over the years, adding services such as ultrasound, digital radiology, acupuncture, cold laser therapy, allergy management, and more! Our latest addition is associate veterinarian Dr. Rebecca Chadwick, who joined the practice in 2017.